Tuesday 4 February 2014

My fun filled weekend

My godmother and myself on Chute Chairlift
I made it to Ellicottville safe and sound on Friday. As I mentioned in my past blog, this weekend my godmother was in town from Chicago. When we arrived we quickly unloaded the car and got our groceries ready to make our dinner. We decided that tonight we'd keep it simple and have a steak, salad and of course some wine. This was the perfect meal to give us energy for tomorrow's adventures on the mountain.


A rustic tomato basil and Parmesan soup topped with grilled Texas toast and creamy granquesso croutons.
When we woke up Saturday we knew it was going to be a good day on and off the mountain. We made the coffee, got dressed in all our layers and were ready to brave mother nature. The conditions were perfect, the weather not so much. It was a little overcast, but with the right goggles I was ready. My godmother and I skied the whole mountain. At 10 am we went in for our coffee and to meet some of our family friends. After coffee our group grew and we all took off to explore the rest of the mountain. Holiday Valley is not a large mountain like Vail or Aspen but it offers a range of options depending on your ability.  We skied till noon, when we called it quits and went into the lodge for an après ski drink. We finished our drink and decided it was time for lunch. Usually we bring a big lunch to the hill, but since it was just the two of us we figured we'd go out.  We headed into town to the Ellicottville Brewing Company also known as EBC. Where we had tomato soup with grilled cheese. It definitely hit the spot after a cold day on the mountain.  After lunch it was home to relax before dinner. I'd say it was the perfect day, and the weekend wasn't over yet.

Super Bowl Sunday was a blast. My boyfriend had us up to his house to watch the game and enjoy some pizza and chicken wings. While the game was disappointing, the company was not. 
Overall I had a spectacular weekend with some of the people I love.  
Now it's back to the grind.
Hope your week flies by.
-J

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a blast skiing this weekend! I haven't been out yet this season but I hope to get the opportunity soon. Ellicottville's Holiday Valley sounds like the perfect place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So amazing place either to get a huge dose of adrenalin and pleasure or kill yourself while skiing. Would love to try it one day ))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that tomato bisque soup with grilled cheese looks amazing; I would go Ellicottville just for that. And it sounds like you had a great weekend. Skiing is always a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dedicate every single snowflake for the rest of my life to you to enjoy....I guess it is a good thing some people actually LIKE winter..personally, I'm a summer girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I liked winter even half as much as you do, Joanna! haha I can chalet like a champ...but otherwise it can snow in December, melt away and I'll be happy. But the food sounds great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always loved to ski but for the last few years I feel like I just haven't made enough time for it. I love how when I read your blog and can see that you make each trip a mini-occasion. I think we definitely need more of that in our lives! Happy Skiing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of this sounds like a lot of fun!
    Now I know who to call whenever I start skiing.
    Maybe someday I'll join one of your adventures.

    ReplyDelete