Friday 31 January 2014

Friday, Friday, Friday

Another Friday has arrived and I am itching to get out the door and on the road. 

My trusty Jetta Candy. I think she needs a car wash!
Before I start I should give you some background on where I ski.  My home mountain is in the small town of Ellicottville, NY called HolidayValley, which is, an hour and half from where I live and go to school. So when Friday finally rolls around I can’t wait to get out the door to brave Mother Nature and hit the road.  It is common for me to drive through whiteouts and sometimes I am forced to take the back roads because the main highways are closed due to weather conditions.  I am sure you all know the saying, "rain or shine" well mine has become "snow or shine". If I don't have any homework, group projects, or family chores I am out the door running on Friday afternoons. This week I am free to hit the road early.
The rush isn't to get there to ski Friday night, the rush is to get there to see all of my friends and family. We always cook an amazing dinners, drink some great wine and get to bed early, because tomorrow morning we separate the skiers from the lodgers. Its always a competition to who will be out the door first? Now I won't say I am always out the door first, it all depends on the night before, I won't lie, but I am out the door first 75% of the time.

This week I am not only rushing to get Ellicottville but I am also on my way to the airport to pick up my godmother, who is coming in from Chicago for a weekend of skiing. 
Well I better hit the road. I hope you all make time for the things you love.
-J

1 comment:

  1. I've never been skiing or snowboarding so I guess that would probably classify me as a lodger. I've never tried it and as Im getting older I'm starting to hate our long, cold winters so I don't think now is a good time for me to start now but you're very brave to go out in this weather, or worse for fun!

    ReplyDelete