Sunday 16 February 2014

What I ride.

This week called for an equipment review. First things first, know your level of ability.  I am categorized as an intermediate to expert skier, make sure you know your level before you go out an buy equipment. I will be reviewing the 2011 Salomon Lady and my boots are a 2013 Salomon X-Max 110 W. I got this equipment from my local ski shop The City Garage. They take the time to make sure I am well equipped and answer all my questions.
The Salomon Lady skies are categorized as an all over the mountain ski. The skis took turns with ease and their wide base pushed me through all the powder on the mountain. The bright colours definitely drew me in and I was not disappointed. The skis were easy to maneuver across all types of terrain. The twin tips made it easy for park and mogul skiing. I really enjoyed these skis and would give them a 9/10.
The Salomon X-Max 110 W boots fit like a glove. They were a little difficult to get on, but once they were on they were as comfortable as a ski boot could get.  With an adjustable circumference, and heated insoles they boots felt as custom as one could get. These boots also offer a 360 custom shell technology allows the entire lower boot and portions of the cuff and my leg and foot. This was a stiffer boot, which is what an aggressive skier enjoys. I was able to get forward while skiing and still feel full support. I really loved these boots and would give them a 9.5/10. 
Overall I really loved these skis and boots. I recommend checking out your local ski shop for a demo your next ski trip. Can't hurt to try something new.
-Joanna

3 comments:

  1. I definitely learnt something new, I didn't know ski equipment was categorized into levels of experience. Thanks for sharing the tips can't wait to try skiing myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. same here, only know there is a thing called ski, but never really skiing before, not even once. yes, "Can't hurt to try something new". it should have a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As someone with zero knowledge on skiing, I'll be sure to refer to this post if I ever go skiing.
    Very informative read.

    ReplyDelete