Friday 24 January 2014

My name is Joanna, and I am a Skier.

My name is Joanna and I have an addiction, I am a skier.  I am told the first step is admitting you have problem.  I have been skiing since I was two years old, and there is nothing I love more in life then a sunny winter day with lots of snow.  This blog will highlight not only my passion for skiing and the lifestyle but also all the different kinds of skiing available. 
My dad and I at age 4 at Holiday Valley Resort (Ellicotville, NY)
First, I should explain how I became so consumed with this winter sport. It all started when I was two years old and my father strapped me to a pair of skis. It wasn’t long after that I knew I was hooked.  I went on to take lessons and join many different teams.  Downhill is the type of skiing I do now but I used to race, freestyle, free ride (halfpipe and park), and cross-country ski.  Skiing is such a complex sport; even after all these years I am nowhere near a master.
As you can tell I love skiing, but sadly I am forced to get a job and move out of my parent’s house. So this year I decided to go back to school to help meet these societal standards. I am currently enrolled at Niagara College in the Graduate Public Relations Program, and I think I’ve come up with the perfect future plan.  I will get a job at a ski resort doing PR…
Thanks for joining me on this adventure of trying to balance my obsession with real life.
Lets make some turns
– Joanna

4 comments:

  1. I'm terrified of skiing, so I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures. If I can live vicariously through you, I'll never have to attempt it myself. Or, you might actually convince me to give it a try. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read more about your winter adventures! I haven't been skiing in years, but have always loved it. I love your connection to family and winter memories, and am waiting for more adorable childhood photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photo of you with your Dad, so cute! I used to snowboard in Whistler and on the many the North Shore Mountains of Vancouver, but haven't done it even once since moving to Ontario. You may inspire me to get out there again and pick up where I left off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutest picture ever. I only went country skiing once and I can´t wait to have the money and try other winter sports. I really like your blog because it talks about a whole new world for me.

    ReplyDelete